Submission procedure and deadline
Please submit your entry by 20 August, 2015 to the following Email address: email@example.com. Any person who participated in designing, producing or distributing the typeface is eligible to enter said typeface. Members of the org.committee, members of the jury board and experts are not allowed to submit their works to the competition.
A competition fee of 20 Euros is levied on each entry and each category. One typeface can be submitted in up to 10 categories, which results in an entry fee of max. 200 Euro.
In each of the 10 categories up to three certificates will be awarded. In addition, the grand prize GRANSHAN 2015, awarded by the jury, includes a money prize of 1,000 Euros. Moreover, samples of the winning entries will be exhibited at the different places all over the world. The winners will be announced at the ATypI Conference in Sao Paulo in October 2015.
For further information, please, contact Edik Ghabuzyan: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry rules and categories
All type designers from all parts of the world are invited to take part in the competition. Eligible are all typefaces that have been designed or digitized after 2012 and meet the competition requirements. All submitted fonts must comply with and use the Unicode encoding system.
You can submit your type designs to the following categories:
- Armenian text typefaces
- Arabic text typefaces
- Chinese text typefaces
- Cyrillic text typefaces
- Greek text typefaces
- Hebrew text typefaces
- Indic text typefaces
- Korean text typefaces
- Thai text typefaces
- Display typefaces
Please make sure, your submissions comply with the following rules:
- Submissions can be single fonts or type families.
- Fonts, which support multiple script systems of the categories 1 to 9, can be submitted in several categories. Accordingly the script system of the chosen category will be the basis for the judging. Please note that the entry’s presentation needs to change for different categories, so you have to send separate PDF files for each desired entry category. Also, the entry fee will be charged per category.
- Fonts of the category 1 must include the Armenian currency (dram) symbol, symbol of index numbers and eternity symbol.
- The works presented in the third category must contain 200 characters embed in the 200 Chinese Hieroglyphs file. They are needed for typing Chinese texts.
- The works presented to Korean text typefaces category must contain at least 600 characters (100 per page (A3 size). Thus 5 pages in total. You can choose any characters you like. They are needed for typing Korean texts.
- Art, Headline, Script and other display fonts can be submitted to category 10.
Please submit your designs in PDF format, using A3 landscape format (42 x 29,7 cm). Make sure your PDF is printable and not password protected. We will print your files on a 1200 dpi laser printer. No more than 5 pages per entry are allowed.
Your presentation must contain the following features:
- 1 page showing the complete glyph set of the respective script system as large as possible; for type families show regular (upright) and italic (if applicable) in a normal (book) weight.
- 1 page of copy text in a language typical for the respective script system; show different sizes suitable for large amounts of text.
- Additional pages may be provided to show glyphs of other script systems, more weights or styles etc.